Terms of Service
Note: If you were brought here because you are looking for our Minecraft server access information, please scroll to the bottom to accept our Terms of Service, and you will be redirected to a page where this information can be found.
Terms of Service
Last Modified: December 30, 2011
By connecting to our websites or logging in to our Minecraft server, you agree to abide by all Rules and follow directions from staff members, in addition to the terms below.
"Content" includes, but is not limited to:
- player datafiles
- anything created or obtained while playing on The Voxel Box server such as
- player or container inventories
- images, such as screenshots
- builds (block placements or manipulations)
- anything at all (text, images, etc.) submitted to:
- Voxel Box staff or server email accounts
- The Voxel Forum
- Any other Voxel Box affiliated online or offline asset or contact medium.
- your username and likeness (The Voxel box does not have access to nor does it make any claims on your Minecraft password or account. This clause refers only to your username itself, and any skins or images or other depictions of yourself or your character made available to The Voxel Box.)
The Voxel Box Minecraft server is 100% sugar free. Donations are completely optional. Donations will not necessarily confer any special privileges, ranks, or status to those donating to the server. By donating to The Voxel Box Minecraft server, you agree to the Terms of Service and this action does not give you authority or power above the Terms of Service. A repayment of your donation will not be made under any circumstances.
All content, as defined above, may be retained, removed, or relocated at the discretion of server staff. By submitting content to The Voxel Box's websites (including, but not limited to, TheVoxelBox.com and Voxelwiki.com), by submitting content to staff or server email accounts or other contact media, or by creating content on our Minecraft server, you grant us perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable rights to use, copy, modify, adapt, distribute, prepare derivative works of, perform, or publicly display that content. You also represent and warrant that you are the owner of or have the right to post your content, and that the submission or nature of your content does not infringe the rights of any third party. Any damages resulting from such infringements are exclusively the liability of the user who submitted said content. (Since the VoxelBox is not currently a legally recognized corporation, this includes content as individually submitted by any particular staff members).
These terms should not in any way be interpreted to imply a transfer of copyright or other intellectual rights from the creator of any content supplied to or created on the VoxelBox. However, our license (as described above) for your work does mean that we have the right to partially or fully move, delete, or change any content as it exists on our server, at any time, and without warning or permission. Depending on the degree of changes made, you recognize that our actions may also result in a change in copyright ownership or intellectual property rights on the altered content as a result of sufficiently derivative alteration. We also have the right to deny you access to your content as it exists on our server. In the special case of "builds" in-game, we will typically provide NBT minecraft schematic files to the creator of the "build," upon request. Unreasonable requests (as determined by Voxel Box staff) may not be honored, however. Examples of unreasonable requests might be requests for builds that are trivially small, that no longer exist, or that have been significantly altered by other builders so as to no longer be "your" builds.
Termination and Suspension of Access
Players found violating the Terms of Service may find their accounts or IP addresses restricted or eliminated from The Voxel Box Minecraft server and related websites. This includes, but is not limited to, VoxelWiki.com, thevoxelbox.com and minecraftforum.net. In addition, staff retain the right to kick you, ban you, or block your access to the the server or any other affiliated websites or services for any other reason, without explanation or warning.
In particular, players found repeatedly asking questions covered by the FAQ may be banned without further warning.
While players may appeal their bans as a courtesy, server staff retain the right to revoke any request for a ban appeal.
By joining The Voxel Box Minecraft server or creating an account on any related website, you agree NOT TO:
- use or encourage others to use The Voxel Box Minecraft server or related websites for any illegal purpose.
- impersonate any The Voxel Box Staff member in the game or on any other web site;
- make unsolicited or inappropriate offers, advertisements or proposals for goods, services or other commercial activities that are not related to The Voxel Box Minecraft server;
- interfere with any security-related features of The Voxel Box Minecraft server or related websites;
- harass members or guests of the Voxel Box.
- engage in any other conduct prohibited by Staff and or Rules;
- release or distribute server access information without Staff consent.
- save (in any form other than temporary Minecraft or browser server packets required for viewing and intended interaction), reproduce, mimic, or otherwise copy any content on the Voxel Box server or associated websites or services, for either personal use or public distribution, unless you you hold the sole, original copyright on that content.
- release or distribute any server content without Staff consent (with the exception of unaltered content to which you hold the sole, original copyright)
You agree to hold harmless The Voxel Box and staff, their heirs, legal representatives, and assigns, and all other persons acting under The Voxel Box's or staff's authority or those for whom they are acting, from any liability resulting from:
- your usage of The Voxel Box server or affiliated websites or other services.
- any usage of content you have submitted or created as defined above, or any changes or modifications made thereto.
Staff retain the right to modify these terms at any time without warning.
You agree that these terms are binding upon you and your heirs, legal representatives, and assigns, in perpetuity.
You also agree that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age.