ALL USERS ARE EXPECTED TO USE THESE RESOURCE PACKS WHEN VISITING
- All projects on The Voxel Box are built using one of the Official Resource Packs.
- These packs includes server-specific tools like the Dooplicator and Magical Paintbrush. Understanding and using these tools is much easier with the intended artwork for them.
- Use of one of the official Resource Packs is mandatory for submissions to the whitelist, as it is important we are all looking at the same thing when we make an aesthetic statement about your submission.
- Remember: You only need to use our resource packs while playing on the Voxel Box!
The Voxel Box's resource packs composed of primarily tiles and items by AzulCaballero, plusnine, doublenum, KupoKupo, giltwist, rosedragon, space_e, DukeVindzor, Giltwist, 2brostudio and other members of The Voxel Box.
- All Staff will review builds in the Palceon pack, select staff will review in Deep Space, Tanviir, Modern, and Organix.
Application for the Resource Pack Team
The Palceon Pack
This flagship resource pack takes the Pangea Pack a step further into a world of industrial high fantasy! All your favorite stones and metals return with a new broader selection of colors, new terrain tiles and the usual bounty of custom items. Watch the night sky light up with glimpses of other realms waiting to be built to satisfaction!
- Staff will review Guest builds using this pack.
- This pack is used for large sections Holocene, and Facet.
- Please Check out the Changelog for information on all new additions to the Pack!
- Compatibility with the 1.6.2 Update
- DISCLAIMER: For the FULL Experience, The ModPack is Recommended for the Resource Pack.
The Deep Space Pack
The Deep Space pack offers suites of blocks that, when positioned together well, let builders create ships, space stations, colonies and other futuristic-themed builds.
- Select staff will review Guest builds using the Deep Space Pack at this time.
- This resource pack is featured prominently in Deep Space on the world of Facet.
- UPDATE New 1.6 blocks finally added with the addition of animated paintings and gui
The Organix Pack (Outdated)
The Organix pack ditches traditional architectural blocks in favor of a "crayon" concept: each block is assigned a color, and those colors are used in conjunction with strategic woods, stones and bricks to create a colorful world where building anything is possible!
- Select staff will review Guest builds using the Organix Pack at this time.
- The Organix Pack is featured prominently in the world Holocene on the continent of Meridia.
The Modern Pack
This pack narrows the focus to building materials used from 1950 to the present day. Materials such as cobblestone have been bumped in favor of more modern alternatives, such as smooth metals and concretes. Additionally, several block textures have changed position to take advantage of the new blocks released in the latest versions.
- Select Staff will review Guest builds using the Modern Pack at this time.
- The Modern Pack featured prominently in the world of Holocene in Mechanicsburg.
The Tanviir Pack
The Frankenpack of the land of Tanviir. This resource pack utilizes many HD textures from various other packs, including:
- Many, many blocks from Razorcane's HD Palceon.
- Iron bars from Deep Space
- Some Doku textures (being phased out slowly)
- Two blocks (35:0 and Diamond), as well as the Luna Moths (Bat) and Polar Bears (pig) made by our very own RobEves!
- Pixel art icons from all over the interwebz
- Select staff will review Guest builds using the Tanviir Pack at this time.
These resource packs are only for very specific instances and special events. These packs are not production and should not be used in any areas except for the areas designated by each description below.
Schütkant Texture Pack
Download The Voxel Box: Schütkant
The texture pack used in Deamon's Nuclear apocalypse bunker Schütkant. It is a blending of the darker sides of the modern and deep space packs.
Download Noir Pack - May 20,2012
Grayscale Modern Pack
Download Scientific Pack - March 28, 2012
Blend of Modern and Deepspace with some tweaks.
Resource Pack Installation Instructions
Windows and Linux Users
- Download the latest resource pack from the links above.
- Locate where you downloaded the resource pack ZIP file. No need to unzip the file.
- Open Minecraft, login and use the profile of your liking
- Click on Options and then Resource Packs
- Click Open resource pack folder
- Move the resource pack zip into the resourcepacks folder that Minecraft opened for you.
- Download the latest texture pack from the links above.
- Locate the file in your web browser's downloads folder, and do not unzip the file.
- Find the file from your web browser's "Downloads" folder.
- Open a second Finder window.
- In your new Finder window, naviagate to: Your username (home folder) > Library > Application Support > Minecraft > texturepacks (you may need to create this last folder if it is not present)
- Move the texture pack ZIP file into the "texturepacks" folder.
Now you need to select the texture pack inside the Minecraft game.
- Open Minecraft and use your login
- Click on Mods and Texture Packs
- Select the Voxel Box Texture Pack. Your GUI should instantly change to the Voxel Box UI.
- Hooray, You're ready to play!
- You can return to a different texture pack when you are done playing on the server.
Resource Pack Troubleshooting
- Users with modified clients (especially "HD texture" mods) may find the resource pack crashing their client. If this occurs, revert to an unmodified client and/or install The VoxelModPack to play on The Voxel Box.
Using These Textures on Your Own Server or Map
We are glad that the wider Minecraft community have enjoyed our original resource pack tiles, items and concepts, and encourage you to use the files and ideas in the zip files to help you put a custom pack together for your server or custom map. Here are some things you should know:
- You must not use this pack, or modifications of it as an "official" pack on a pay-to-play server.
- Please give credit where credit is due.
- You must host your own files. If we see traffic leeching coming often from your website, we will take appropriate measures to stop you.
- Sorry, The Voxel Box staff will not make you a personalized or custom pack. Use programs like Paint.net or GIMP to edit your own files. It's fun and easy!
- Remember that many items in the pack are specific to The Voxel Box and its plugins. Eliminating drops from blocks and installing plugins like VoxelDoop will go a long way toward making the resource pack function in a manner more similar to what you see on The Voxel Box.
- These packs are lousy for playing the Minecraft Survival game, as they were intended to re-make it, not to conform to it.
- Design your server's player experience carefully!
The Pangea Pack
Download: The Voxel Box: Pangea Pack 1.0 - December 12, 2011 (final version)
As this pack grew ever-more distinct from the Painterly Pack by Rhodox, the Pangea Pack opened up new ways for players to build with Minecraft on The Voxel Box. All Mining-related blocks were replaced with new materials like Marble, Limestone, Granite and even Copper Plating, giving builders more colors and more material types to build their amazing structures in Pangea and beyond.
- In the rare instance you are visiting the world of Pangea, this is the pack you'll want to use.
- Members: All remaining builds in Pangea must stay in the Pangea Pack!
- Staff will not review new Guest builds using the Pangea Pack.