- About Zah
- Sana Verda
|Empire / Alliance:||ZATA Alliance|
|Major Contributors:|| Gavjenks|
|Travel:||Ship at Spawn, The Highways of Zah|
|Permits:||Permitted Users in Zah|
NEWS: We are in need of cities, towns, mines, etc. now that roads are nearly complete. Also, those interested in helping with a defensive wall between Zah and Msk, please speak with Kesaro or/and rct3shadow. In general, see the forums Zah subsection for active build and city requests: http://thevoxelbox.com/forum/zah-f55/
Zah is a region that covers much of the southeastern continent of Holocene. The region has been almost entirely re-terraformed into new custom landscapes to more dramatically reflect a biome-concept. Come to see and create the wonders of the natural world, or get involved in Zah's unending political sagas!
- Palceon Texture Pack
- A heavy emphasis on realism of cities and surroundings (more like plausibility, not exact historical accuracy)
- A goal of 100% hand-made biomes and terraforming, with a warm climate theme, from shrubby desert to dry savannah to dense, difficult jungle, to lofty dark rainforest. Climates in Zah revolve loosely around an African motif, but not exclusively.
- Time period is from around the 1500s through the 1800s.
- [CURATED] by Rct3shadow and Kesaro
- [FOUNDED] by Gavjenks
Zah is a continuous empire, composing most of the southeast portion of Holocene. It spans a broad range of climates and cultures, from small portions of temperate, largely European, chilly regions in the north down to hot, African and Arabian-styled deserts and tropical rainforests further south. Many of the climates and build styles of Zah are designed to be unique and unprecedented in Minecraft thus far, and a significant emphasis will be placed on a realistic and gradual transition between these areas.
For Help and Information for Tour Guides or Wannabe Explorers, please see Zah Tour Guide
On Working in Zah
There are a few rules when contributing to a Project in Zah, not including any rules set down by the Project Architect within their Project, the most important of these include:
- Your contribution cannot damage any existing parts of larger projects without expressed consent from the architect.
- All aspects of the contribution must fit the specified theme and guidelines of both the sub-region and Zah as a whole.
- Contributions do not lead to promotions or rewards within Zah, they do however open up the possibility of creating your own Project.
- Zah Curators hold the right to remove your contribution at any time if it fails to meet any of the above or following requirements.
- Under the official ranking system of the Imperial Empire of Zah, Contributors are part of the Slave Caste. The Caste system is explained below.
Being an Architect
Architects have a different, but similar set of rules applied to them within their projects as they would have when contributing to other projects. These include:
- Your Project must follow any and all specifications set out by the Sub-Curators of the region it is within, or by the Curators of Zah.
- Your Project cannot interfere or damage any existing Projects without expressed consent of a Zah Sub-Curator or Curator.
- Projects can lead to promotions within Zah, specifically that of Builder or LiteSniper if there are no existing reasons against these.
- Architects can become sub-curators of a particular region if they have multiple projects within that region or have the support of an existing Sub-Curator and the Zah Curators.
- Zah Curators hold the right to remove your Project or relocate it if it fails to meet any of the above or following requirements.
- Architects can employ any number of Contributors as see fit, A Contributor cannot usurp the Architect regardless of the extent of their contribution without the consent of a Zah Curator.
- Architects can recommend exceptional contributors to the Zah Curators for reward, advancement, or the development of their own project.
- Architects CANNOT Promise reward in exchange for work, but have a duty to inform contributors of the possibility of reward in exchange for their efforts.
- Under the official ranking system of the Imperial Empire of Zah, Architects are part of the Servant Caste. The Caste System is explained below.
As a Sub-Curator
Sub-Curators have a large range of responsibilities, but this is balanced with an equally extensive range of privileges within Zah. For the purpose of this category, these will be separated into 2 sections, unlike the Architect or Contributor categories.
- Sub-Curators must adhere to all rules and expectations set out by the Zah Curators.
- They must actively seek to set a good example for all Architects and Contributors.
- They should encourage and support all Architects and Contributors within their Region, and should actively seek to bring in new projects.
- Must not attempt to override the decisions of the Zah Curators.
- Must ensure that the terraforming and projects within their region, blend effectively with surrounding regions.
- Must be aware of all the rules, regulations, trivia and expectations of those active within Zah.
- Have a Duty to inform Zah Curators and seek to resolve any issues or problems that emerge amongst those working within Zah.
- Cannot set Rank restrictions or minimums for Contributors within Zah, that right is held only by the Zah Curators.
- Must give clear and adequate reasoning for all decisions, including the acceptance or refusal of Projects.
- Must ensure all projects within their regions are appropriately connected via Road, Rail and/or Balloon.
- Can recommend any Architects or Contributors to a Zah Curator for reward or advancement.
- Are allowed unrestricted rights to construct Projects within their Regions, within the rules set out at the time of their appointment.
- Can give advice, criticism and support within Zah to the same extent as a Curator, but not overriding of one.
- Sub-Curators who are LiteSniper's will receive as much assistance as they require or desire in the formation of a Sniper application and all Zah Curators must endeavor to ensure they succeed in their application to the full extent of our capabilities.
- They can request additional space or changes to their regions to better facilitate their projects.
- Are allowed to remove individuals from Zah completely, removing their right to construct or continue projects unless overridden by a Zah Curator.
- They can vote for and against certain changes within Zah, such as infrastructure or time period, however Zah Curators can Veto this vote regardless of the result.
- They have the right to remove any contributions or Projects that are not of sufficient quality or that the Architect of which has gone inactive on the project for a period of time they deem unacceptable.
Sub-Curators are part of the Lord Caste, The Caste System will be explained immediately below:
The Caste System of the Royal Imperial Empire of Zah
Within Zah there are a number of different Castes, in general society you will view 4 of these, however there are 3 others that perform special functions. These Castes are listed in order of Importance, with the most important explained first, and the least important explained last.
The Royal Caste
Direct members of the Royal Family of Zah, Members of this Caste hold complete control over all the functions of Zah, acting as both the mind behind the machine and those who operate it to steer it in it's proper direction. The Royal Family of Zah currently is led by Tzahr rct3shadow and Tzahrina Kesaro.
The Royal Caste can command all other castes within this system and have a duty to ensure the Empire of Zah functions smoothly.
The Lord Caste
Members of the Lord Caste are the indirect relations of the Royal Caste, or peasantry who have been raised to the Caste for vast and impressive contributions to The Empire of Zah. Lord's are expected to lead the individual regions of Zah towards completion and in advancement of the success of the entire Empire.
The Lord Caste can command only the Slave and Servant Castes.
Those within the Naval Caste answer exclusively to the Royal Caste, however often give out their services to the other Castes, Members of this Caste lead the construction of the Zah Navy, and are considered expert shipbuilders.
Currently the only surviving member of the Naval Caste is Cyborganic_Pies, who is currently acting as Lord Admiral of the Zah Navy.
The Servant Caste
Slaves who have earned their freedom and became property owners or fufillers of vital roles within Zah Society are elevated to the Servant Caste by Lords or Royals. They are often the Mayors of Towns or Overseers of institutions within Zah, notable examples would be Ajcool1050 as the Official Exterminator of Black Cats, or Veskal as an Architect of Cardin.
The Slave Caste
Those Captured by members of the other castes to work on their projects are considered Slaves, hard working Slaves may earn their freedom, whilst others can be trapped in this state indefinately or may even wish to remain as a Slave rather than progressing.
|Approximate Coordinates:||+3000, -3000|
|Founded:||January 2, 2012|
|Construction Status:||Building cities|
|Major Contributors:||Birdspawn, CaptPanda, Gavjenks, Strydez, Nozem|
|Exports:||Coal, Diamonds, Brick|
Namira is a thriving trading city with all the good that Ardun has to offer. With its long coastal line and steep mountains Namira is also the perfect place for a good vacation.
All of the exports run through Ardun's capital, Namira. Small carriges throughout the rural savannah and the mountain areas supply the port of Namira where the products will ship overseas. Villagers have established various mines trough out Ardun, every village has one or more export products and can easly be recognized by the various build styles of the villages.
/warp namira will bring you there.
Chaira is one of the three rural villages spread throughout Ardun. It's main exports are clay products, including bricks and pure clay. This style is reflected in the housing.
Rachoa is the name of the combined force of Lagoa and Rocha
The seat of the empire is situated in the arid heights of Azuun. Here, an ancient palace and court from which the lands are managed are surrounded by a scattered mountain fortress in the west of the territory. To the east, the businesses, residences, and farms of the capital city provide resources to defend against siege and to provide for the needs of the political bodies of the empire.
Bordering Mish and Breft, the mountainous desert mesas of those counties become more closely packed in Cardin, narrowing down the rivers in the area into dramatic canyons and ocean cliffs. Cardin is currently uninhabited, save for a lone watchtower or two. This area is ripe for city development.
|Approximate Coordinates:||South of Kurki, North of Breft|
|Founded:||January 2012 by Gavjenks|
Feel free to explore!
Giraffeland is a small island of the coast of Lomigua, It stands seperate as the premier Giraffe Sanctuary in all of Zah, and replicates the environment that Giraffes can be naturally found, It can be reached via boat from Lomigua or Lisao.
- Kesaro is [Overseer] of Giraffeland
A largely Greek/Italian/Mediterranean themed county, in both climate and architecture. This huge region is also currently the most heavily developed in Zah, featuring a number of picturesque fortresses, towns, and cities. The city of Mona Leo in this county is one of the access points to Zah from world spawn, and will soon connect to the royal highway (currently there is a short walk first).
|Approximate Coordinates:||North West Zah|
|Curator(s):||Kesaro and rct3shadow|
|Travel:||Not available at this time|
Points of interest
Mona Leo is one of Kasidierra's most prosperous cities, Situated along the Narrow sea, near La Pietra, It produces a variety of products, but is infamous for its mechanical tools of war, designed by the Cities famous artisan, La Vechi.
Constructed by Kesaro
La Pietra is a trading town in the Mesa desert. Next to Viterra and Mona Leo, the main shipment/trade is fish.
Constructed by RyanM16.
Anzanita richly colored tourist town inhabiting one of the bays along the coast of Kasidierra. The area is more fertile then others, and it's hills contain several farms.
Constructed by Puridevry
Viterra is a small village next to Kasidierra's border with Breft and the rest of Zah.
Constructed by rct3shadow
A Small Cliff-side town built by Hythacq. Saint Lucca is one of the more unique and detailed towns in Zah.
Constructed by hythacg
Trebana is a small town in the rocky desert of Kasidierra built by Raemsie, It also connects to a collection of farms and a large Iron and Coal Mine.
Constructed by Raemsie
Kurki is a large region in central Zah, focusing on a Northern African motif, featuring Table Top Terrain, Savannah, Canyon Rivers and the Capital of Zah.
Lisao is vietnamese and eastern asian styled wetland in the north-west of Zah, featuring dense mangrove forests, monolithic granite rocks and mountains, as well as a multitude of small villages and towns, Lisao is an area entirely based on the context of a small, rurally inclined country, with minimal military or industrial strength, Agriculture and spirituality rest at its very core.
- Kesaro is [LORD] of Lisao
|Approximate Coordinates:||South East Zah|
Towns within Lisao
Western Lisao's Primary Shipping Town, Only Slightly larger than most villages, but recieves a great deal of traffic from its connections with Lomigua.
Central Lisao's Primary source of food, this small village rests in the center of a massive rice field and frequently sends rice to be shipped from Erm Gerd to Lomigua.
Lea Mer was constructed by Kesaro
A Flourishing town in the Western Islands of Lisao, Tuyet has both a prosperous logging industry, but also an incredibly profitable livestock trade, which have helped it grow into one of the key towns in all of Lisao.
Neo Tuyet was constructed by Snowsquid
A small fishing town at the very south of Lisao, It has thrived on its access to both the shallow marsh waters, and the open ocean it rests beside.
Byel Zing was constructed by Dragonblazez
Villages within Lisao
A Fishing Village in the Lisao Marshes, It features a clay clod and simplistic Vietnamese style.
Mei Lun was constructed by Kesaro
Lun Qoq is a Tiny fishing village built in the Lisao Marshes, featuring a simplistic and wooden style.
Lun Qoq was constructed by Tiimmayy
Fai Swag is another small fishing village built in the marshes, features a style which blends with its surroundings.
Fai Swag was constructed by Nillas12
Yin Ver is a small village near Seng Wou, this village features a more stable and earthy style, making it stand out from the other villages of Lisao.
Yin Ver was constructed by Dragonblazez
Rung Thon is a village on the western islands of Lisao, south of Tuban, it sits comfortably on a small island, from which its inhabitants make a humble living, fishing and gathering berries from the forests.
Rung Thon was constructed by Brocco97
Luma Neoc is a small farming village south of Tuban, It supplies Wheat to the city and surrounding towns for use in the Great Bakerys.
Luma Neoc was constructed by Ajcool1050
Yemman is a small mining village south of the Gel Ju quarry, It provides a protected and lush living space for the Quarry Masters as well as a place to go and explore the rural lifestyle of the average Lisaon.
Yemman was constructed by Gellyx1
Keun Namu is a small farming village beside Luma Neoc and south of Tuban, like Luma, It supplies wheat to the city, but also ships pork for trade in the city market.
Gel Mevi is a tiny Mining village north of the Gel Ju mines, Similar to Yemman in purpose, it is a centre point for the Miners lives.
Small and quaint fishing village, population of 12. Occupants aren't too social with the rest of the world as they are happy as they are.
Hosoi Tre was constructed by Lukuku94
The Gel Ju Mines produce precious minerals and sturdy stone for both trade and construction throughout Lisao.
Gel Ju is currently being constructed by Snowsquid
A Small Monestary Village in Southern Lisao, It features a more ornate and vibrant style due to its great history and the wealth of the monks.
Seng Wou was constructed by Kesaro
Lomigua is one of the primary transit access points from VoxelBox spawn (via a Spanish galleon). It also features entirely custom-made and novel terrain (rainforest and savannah), as well as a novel and blended architectural style (Spanish mission and organic stone ruins coexisting).
The Lomigua spawn point connects to the Royal Highway of Zah, which is the main transit method for tourists to the other territories of Zah and neighboring regions.
- Kesaro is [LORD] of Lomigua
Masorca is a Moorish themed area in south-western Zah. Mascarra is focused primarily on realism, and uses medieval technology. Currently it only features a massive fortified palace, the Mascada. A lot of Masorca is still in the planning but it will feature some luscious gardens and palaces.
- Mr_5ander is [LORD] of Mascarra
A tropical region featuring rocky plains and overgrown mountains. Largely resembles a warm version of Patagonia. The area still waits for exploration by Colonists, and a lot of strange places are hidden here. Legends say that Eldorado, the mythical city of the lost indian empire lyes somewhere between these mountains. Mish is also a very important royal military base, due to past conflicts with MSK. A great Zah wall starts here, and a transit town of Saarwerden guards one of the two roads to Bedlam, a city in MSK.
- Nordwolf is [LORD] of Mish
|Approximate Coordinates:||South of Kurki, North of Breft, East of Cardin|
|Founded:|| June 2013 by Nordwolf |
A german/dutch colonial town, built among fortifications. Relies largely upon people going through it. Though some say that hot geisers around the town may come to use in a near future as more scientists come to the town.
Ruins of a capital of a long lost indian empire.
|Approximate Coordinates:||Eastern Zah|
|Travel:||Take the boat to Zah, then try to find it. Mwahahaha|
|Permits:|| Jinzha |
Capital of Narajiq, a small town that provides much of the power for Narajiq through windmills.
A bustling arabian city at the heart of Narajiq.
A religious temple where the faithful of Zah gather to worship their many gods.
A small dockyard town that features large steamships and experimental new technology.
A small backward village, sitting along the coast, it gets it's resources from the surrounding terrain to support itself and trade with the larger towns and villages.
Sana Verda is an entirely rainforest county. The theme is a mixture of Spanish colonial style and ancient Mayan structures, long abandoned and overgrown, ripe for adventure and exploration! Near the center of Sana Verda is a large swatch of extremely tall rainforest growing on natural cliffs and steep hills, one of the most beautiful terrains in Zah, Sana Verda is also home to spiraling and extensive rivers and holds many colorful and exotic fruits which the natives harvest for their rare medicinal properties. Local people in this portion of Sana Verda have been known to colonize the treetops themselves, for easier transportation and safety.
- Kesaro is [LORD] of Sana Verda
|Approximate Coordinates:||Mid-West Zah|
|Founded:||15th May 2013|
A Tribal Treetop village, nestling comfortably in Southern Sana Verda! Under Construction by Benolian.
A Spanish-Colonial Coastal Town and Fort on the border area of Lomigua and Sana Verda! Under Construction by Nordwolf.
The God's Ring
An Ancient religious site in the South-West of Sana Verda, here rests 7 Statues of the God's worshipped centuries ago in the Ancient Rainforests. Under Construction by Kesaro.
A small temple village resting in the centre of the rainforest, it's treacherous to reach and thus the inhabitants have enjoyed a safe and protected life. Under Construction by Kesaro
Tobelaide is a land of somewhat colder climate than the rest of Zah, featuring deciduous and coniferous forests and extensive, rocky coastlines. It is rumored that orcish settlers have recently migrated to this land.
- RyanM16 is [LORD] of Tobelaide
|Approximate Coordinates:||Western Zah|
|Travel:||Transportation is not available|
|Permits:||None, at this time|
Due to heat, Zah is prone to seasonal forest fires.
Currency and Produce
- 1 Pesca = 1 Fish (approx 1kg)
- 10 Pesca = 1 Karpos = 1 Basket of Fruit (approx 1kg)
- 50 Pesca | 5 Karpos = 1 Zacha = 1 kg of Sugar
- 100 Pesca | 10 Karpos | 2 Zacha = 1 Libra = 1 Metre Roll of Cloth
- 1000 | 100 | 20 | 10 = 1 Rakas = 100 kg of Coal
- 10000 | 1000 | 200 | 100 | 10 = 1 Chryso = 1 kg of Gold
- Rum | Ale
- Cloth --- Cotton | Flax | Wool | Silk | Linen
- Stone / Sandstone
- Copper | Tin